I. The IMPORTANCE of the meeting— Not a meeting with salvation, but
a meeting with JUDGMENT.
A. It is a confrontation (show down) with God (v. 13).
B. No other meeting is more important.
1. A meeting with your employer
2. A meeting with an IRS agent
3. A meeting with the President
4. A meeting with a boyfriend or girlfriend.
II. The IMMINENCE of the meeting— It could happen at any time.
A. In death (Heb. 9:27; 2 Kings 20:1).
B. In the rapture (for the Christian).
III. The INEVITABILITY of the meeting— There is no escaping this meeting.
A. For the unsaved it will be at the Great White Throne (Rev. 20:11-15).
B. For the saved it will be at the Judgment Seat of Christ (2 Cor. 5:10).
IV. The IMPLICATION of the meeting—
A. You must prepare.
1. You prepare for a career in school
2. You prepare for final exams. You still have a FINAL EXAM coming!
3. You prepare for a sporting event (practice; training; shooting for a million dollar basket from center court; kicking a million dollar field goal)
4. You prepare for the military (Luke 14:31— "Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?").
5. You prepare for a wedding.
6. You prepare for a vacation.
B. Are you prepared for eternity? Many have made earthly preparations, but are unprepared spiritually. No heavenly preparations.
C. How to prepare to meet God:
1. Unsaved— Repent and trust Christ; be born again.
a. Church membership will not prepare you.
b. Good works will not prepare you.
a. Cast off the works of darkness; Put off the Old man.
b. Walk in the Spirit;
c. Invest in eternity—Lay up treasures in heaven. The things that were so important to you down here will have no importance when you meet God.
d. Seek to win others for a "crown of rejoicing."
CONCLUSION: Don’t go out into eternity UNPREPARED!