Dr. Bob Jones, Sr. said, "Success is knowing the
will of God and doing it."
1) "Who art thou Lord?" This is the single most
important question in all of life. Who is Jesus Christ to you? Your answer
determines where you will spend your eternity!
God told Paul to go into the city and there, he would
be told what to do. God sometimes uses another Christian to help us understand
the will of God.
1. Godís Sovereign Will - This is a decision of God that is always carried out, nothing in the universe is ever able to stop it. God is God and He will do whatever He wishes.
2. Godís Moral Will - This, too, is forever settled and is unchanging. Some things are right and some things are wrong, (It matters not what society says!) This moral will is revealed in the Word of God and the conscience of man. These are things you never have to pray about (1 Thess. 4:3; 5:18).
3. Godís Particular Will - He has a will that is particular and peculiar to your life. (Ill. Saul - Acts 9:15-16) This particular will varies from saint to saint. It is Godís will that every Christian be serving Him in some local church ministry (Rom. 12:1-2).
4. Godís Permissive WillĖ This is when God permits a particular thing to happen. As Paul wrote to the church at CorinthĖ "I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will" (1 Cor. 4:6). We are always to make our plans contingent on the will of God (James 4:15).
Even though you and I are a small part of Godís vast
creation, and our lives seem very insignificant, God knows you! He loves
you! Even the very hairs of your head are numbered and known by Him. As
a result, He has designed a particular plan for your life, and, He has
promised to reveal it to you and to guide you into it.
2. STEP #2Ė The step of PREFERENCE (Ezra 7:27; Ps. 37:4; Phil 2:13). God communicates His will by instilling in us a desire to do what He wants done. Prayerfully examine the desires of your heart. What do you want to do for God? The desires that come from God will not conflict with His revealed will in His Word. ASK YOURSELF: "If I had the necessary resources and was capable of doing anything I wanted for the Lord, what would it be? What is the desire of my heart? Does this conflict with Godís Word?"
3. STEP #3Ė The step of PROVISION (1 Thess. 5:24; Heb. 13:21). There will be a provision of Godís power and resources to fulfill His will. God not only puts the desire in your heart, but also supplies the power and resources to accomplish it. ASK YOURSELF: "Is God supplying what I need to fulfill this desire?"
4. STEP #4Ė The step of PEACE Ė The peace of God will accompany the knowledge of Godís will (Ps. 25:12-13; Prov. 3:13-17, 24; Phil 4:6-7; Col. 3:15). ASK YOURSELF: "Do I have perfect peace about following this course?"
CONCLUSION: There is one three areas of the will of God that is no mystery:
It is Godís will for you to be:
A sermon outline by Pastor Al Hughes, Port Orchard Wa